Pancreatic Disease in Illinois
Ready to Consult a GI Physician?Find a Provider
What are the different diseases that affect the pancreas?
A disease of the pancreas doesn't just involve one condition. A diseased pancreas could be because of a number of different conditions. A few varying diseases of the pancreas can include bile duct cancer, chronic pancreatitis, gallstone disease, and pancreatic cancer. When you request an appointment at Chicago, IL locations to Peoria, IL, and Normal, IL we will diagnose your specific issue, and offer a variety of treatments to help. This includes treatments for pancreas diseases, including the most common, pancreatitis. If you have additional questions or concerns about any of the different pancreatic diseases, request a consultation with our GI providers at GI Alliance of Illinois.
What causes diseases of the pancreas?
There are a variety of different causes of pancreas disease. The specific cause will depend on the type of pancreas disorder you're experiencing. A few of the common causes can include:
- Acute pancreatitis: Gallstones, abuse of alcohol, genetics, inflection, medication, trauma, hormonal abnormalities
- Chronic pancreatitis: Chronic alcohol consumption, cystic fibrosis, hereditary disorders, no known cause
- Hereditary pancreatitis: Genetics
- Pancreatic cancer: Unknown, but risk factors include age, gender, smoking, diet, and alcohol consumption
To learn more in-depth about these different causes, request a consultation with our team of GI providers at GI Alliance of Illinois. We help patients throughout Illinois get the help they need for their pancreatic diseases.
What are the symptoms of pancreas diseases?
The symptoms associated with pancreas diseases will differ based on the specific type of disorder that is present. Some common symptoms associated with each of the different pancreas diseases include:
- Acute pancreatitis: Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, bloating, fever, and lasting upper abdominal pain
- Chronic pancreatitis: Diarrhea, malnutrition, weight loss, upper abdominal pain
- Hereditary pancreatitis: Pain, malnutrition, diabetes, and diarrhea
- Pancreatic cancer: Skin discoloration
We recommend seeking treatment from one of our GI providers at GI Alliance of Illinois if you've experienced any of the following symptoms. Our team in our Illinois location will help identify the causes of the symptoms you're experiencing to find a treatment to manage the pain you feel.
How are pancreas diseases treated?
There are treatment options available to you whether you have acute, chronic, hereditary pancreas disorder, or pancreatic cancer. The treatments for each can include:
- Acute pancreatitis: Starting to fuel the body with fluids, providing time for the pancreas and bowels to rest. Administering pain medication, and treatment for crucial issues (like gallstone removal).
- Chronic pancreatitis: Nutritional support, pain management, and enzyme supplements
- Hereditary pancreatitis: Similar to chronic pancreatitis, this is often treated with pain management nutritional support, and enzyme supplements.
- Pancreatic cancer: Surgery (when caught early enough), chemotherapy, and radiation
To learn more about the treatments available for your pancreas diseases, contact our GI providers at GI Alliance of Illinois in our Illinois location.
Get treatment for pancreas diseases
If you or someone you know suffers from diseases of the pancreas, you should seek out treatment as quickly as possible. The expert GI specialists at GI Alliance of Illinois have helped many patients throughout Illinois manage their pancreas diseases. For additional information on how we can get you the correct diagnosis, treatment, and management for your specific pancreatic disease, request a consultation with one of our gastroenterologists.
Very pleasant and knowledgeable doctor.
Dr. Losurdo took the time to explain the procedure with me everything went well he's a great Doctor I would recommend him to anyone he's fantastic . The whole experience was great I keep telling him he saved my life and that's the truth.
Dr. Camacho is an excellent physician and has been a tremendous help to me over the years that he has been my physician.
Dr. chi was very nice. I didn’t feel at all rushed. He answered all of my questions in a thorough manner. I didn’t wait at all - I was taken early! I highly recommend Dr. Chi.
Finally - Dr.’s office with latest technology where you don’t have to fill up 5 pages on clipboard and can pre-register before you come. This shows respect to the time of your patients -2:00 pm appointment means you see Dr. At 2 pm. Dr. Jacobs very attentive allowing time to understand patient needs. Very welcoming and professional environment. Highly recommend this office.